jueves, 21 de octubre de 2010


I would like to meet Gogol (Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol ) because he is a very complex historical figure and because he wrote the book “Death Souls”, the first book of his that I read that impresed me very much. This is a book about a men who wants to be better concidered in his society, and for that concideration he has to, he thinks, have more eslaves. But the problem is that he, Pavel Ivanovich Chichikov is his name, doesn’t have the money and the land to have more eslaves, so he decides to buy the certificates or the papers of the eslaves that are already dead so he can show to other people that he had eslaves but that now they are dead.
If we think of the argument of the story it sounds quiet stupid, but in reading the book it is understood. The argument is a kind of critical point of view about the society
Gogol was leaving in I think. One of them could be the hypocritical ideas or moral rules on his time. I do not know if he was criticying the fact that existed eslavery, but I doub it. There are many other things that are good about this master peace of this author, but here is no time and space in the sheet to write it.
One question that I woud ask to this writer could be that where is the rest of the book, because many pages, in diferent parts of the story, have been lost.  And about what I would like to talk with him would be a lot more obvious, because he lived a long time ago, and just that makes him interesting.

1 comentario: