jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010

The Best Chilean

I do not have an opinion for this task, I have never liked to have idols and I do not think that there is or has been people that are or were abobe others, we are all equals in my point of view. But, as I have no choice and I have to decide who is she or he, he could be José Donoso, a Chilean writer.
What he did to deserve my admiration? Not much, but he wrote a book coled “Casa de Campo”, and I liked it (the only one that I read of this author). It is a book like the ones that were writen on the nineteenth century, it is just like the great classics. It also contributed to the “latin american boon”, an important literary movement of the last century.
This kind of art works are important because gives a country a more stronger identity.  Like the russians in the nineteenth century develop a great deal the novel as a genre, and we can read trough their novels how the people of Russia lived, though and acted ( or how the author though it was), so we feel identified by the characters in this stories and get atracted to this period of time in Russia, so thats is way I think it is important.
And finally, the questions that I would like to ask Jose Donoso would be many, because I thinks that get to know him could has been very interesting, even though I think he was only a normal person like any other.

4 comentarios:

  1. Along with other writers, was one of the protagonists of Latin American boom in the world literature

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like "Coronación"
    it´s a very good book,even thoughthe movie is bad!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Now I'm reading Gracias por Fuego if Beneddeti, I wish read Casa de Campo.

    ResponderEliminar